Thursday 19 May 2011

Soap addict.

I know many think it's something to be ashamed of, but I just love soaps! I've been watching Eastenders almost since birth with my family and Hollyoaks helped me through my teenage years. The more ridiculous the storylines, the better - I don't think there's a better way to escape real life for half an hour.

Anyway, on browsing through the Look website I just had to stop and take a minute to look through some of the outifts worn at The British Soap Awards. Some got it wrong and some got it so right...here's what I thought.

SO RIGHT:

Michelle Keegan
 - I think she looks absolutely stunning. This is such a glamorous, sleek look that stands out above everyone else on the red carpet.

Jane Danson wearing Forever Unique
- I love the lace detail on this dress, it makes her bold, black choice a classic red carpet success and looks so elegant with a few curls hanging down from her hair.

Ashley Slanina-Davies
- Smart, sleek and sexy - a totally sophisticated outfit for the red carpet. I wouldn't usually agree on showing quite so much flesh but Ashley's naturally petite figure means that she pulls it of beautifully.


NOT SO RIGHT:

Shobna Gulati
- Sorry Shobna, it was a very brave and bold choice...but I'm just not feeling it. It's all just a bit TOO much.

Jennifer Metcalfe
- Don't get my wrong, I LOVE the tailored look - I just feel like Jen's forgotten her shirt. A bit too much skin for me.

Charlie Clemmow
- I just don't get it. From the hair style, to the tennis-style skirt, to the leather collar neck - none of it seems to make sense together.

How can some go so right, and some so wrong? Credit where it's due though, there were definitely some brave attempts!

Sami xx

all photos from look.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. LOL... I guess, you and I has the same sense of style! ^_^ thanks for following me, I'm your new follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments! I love receiving them and think it's a great way to discover new blogs...I'll definitely follow a link if you leave one :) xx