Thursday 19 May 2011

The bikini post.

This is a post that I have been meaning to do for a while. As a size 14 girl with a bigger bust, bikini shopping is not exactly my favourite way to spend my valuable shopping time. I want what I see in the magazines, but it turns out that my size is not exactly a high street regular, so this time of year presents me with a few problems.

1. I need support. No one wants to see a Baywatch wannabe.
2. I don't want to look frumpy, but those stringy bottoms just aren't flattering on me.
3. I am ridiculously pale, so I need colours that aren't going to make me ghost like.
4. I can never seem to find a shape that makes me feel confident when I'm literally at my most exposed.

SO, bearing all of this in mind and the fact that I am going on holiday in roughly a month - the search has commenced.





I ended up buying the final option from ASOS. Although it is not necessarily my favourite option (I really love the black and white stripes from Bravissimo) I am simply not made of money and this purple ASOS set seems to tick all of the boxes. The dots will make me feel fun, fifties and girly while the shape and halter neck should give me adequate support. I'll let you know if ASOS lives up to my hopes.

I can't wait for sun, sea and cocktails! Now just to buy some summer dresses to take with me as well. Gosh, I love summer.

Sami xx

1 comment:

  1. La Senza!!! It's the ONLY place I buy my bikinis from, cheap + bra sizes!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments! I love receiving them and think it's a great way to discover new blogs...I'll definitely follow a link if you leave one :) xx