Sunday 24 April 2011

Snap, crackle, pop!

Hiya ladies,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Keeping up with uni work, work placement and blogging was a lot harder than anticipated.

But the good news is that while I was on a lunch break I got the chance to pop into Boots and take advantage of the 2 for £5 deal on Barry M nail polishes. Somehow I managed to pick up a crackle nail polish from their nail effects selection instead of the normal kind, but this was actually quite a nice surprise!

Pink nail effects - Barry M

You can imagine my confusion when I first attempted to apply this to my nails as a base coat and found myself with a rather crusty effect. Luckily, after my blonde mistake was pointed out by my little sister (who quite frankly found the whole situation quite hilarious) we removed my catastrophic attempt and got on with trying it out properly.

I have to say I was impressed! You could hardly say that the pink glided on as you would expect with normal polish, however this is kind of the whole idea. It seems to dry almost instantly, and although it does not feel any different you can immediately see the colour cracking to reveal the base coat colour popping underneath.

The only problem that I have is that my nails don't have that smooth finish which I always love with the freshly painted look. It might be something that I sacrifice every so often though - I feel like this effect gives my nails a bit of an edgy look that I would love to wear on a night out.

I spent the remaining £2.50 on this minty tinted sky blue shade:


I had so many compliments on my nails while wearing this shade for a couple of days. The colour went well with a lot of my spring wardrobe and I am pretty sure the same will apply to my summer one too. It's also great for extending the appearance of your fingers which is ideal for my teeny hands!

Overall I was hugely impressed with my Barry M nail polish haul.

Have you bought any good nail polishes recently?

I'm always on the hunt for more!

Sami xx

2 comments:

Thanks for any comments! I love receiving them and think it's a great way to discover new blogs...I'll definitely follow a link if you leave one :) xx